‘Protect Meghan’: Social Media Reacts To Meghan & Harry’s U.K. Return

Must read

Black Information Network
Black Information Network
Black Information Network is the first and only 24/7 national and local all-news audio service dedicated to providing an objective, accurate and trusted source of continual news coverage with a Black voice and perspective. BIN is enabled by the resources, assets and financial support of iHeartMedia and the support of its Founding Partners: Bank of America, CVS Health, GEICO, Lowe’s, McDonald’s USA, Sony, 23andMe and Verizon. BIN is focused on service to the Black community and providing an information window for those outside the community to help foster communication, accountability and deeper understanding. Black Information Network is distributed nationally through the iHeartRadio app and accessible via mobile, smart speakers, smart TVs and other connected platforms, and on dedicated all-news local broadcast AM/FM radio stations. BIN also provides the news service for iHeartMedia’s 106 Hip Hop, R&B and Gospel stations across the country. Please visit www.BINNews.com for more information.

This post was originally published on this site.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s plans to return to the U.K. have sparked plenty of speculation online, with some people questioning the decision and others preparing to defend Meghan against renewed scrutiny.

According to USA TODAY, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the U.K. with their children later this month, more than six years after stepping back from royal duties and relocating to the United States. Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, have enrolled in British schools and are expected to begin classes in September.

Harry and Meghan are not expected to resume their roles as working royals and plan to maintain their home in Montecito, California.

Harry and Meghan have previously spoken about racism Meghan faced as a biracial Black member of the royal family, intense media scrutiny and what they described as a lack of support from the institution, according to TIME.

The couple has not publicly explained the reasoning behind the reported move back. When asked about the move Wednesday (August 19), Harry told the Associated Press, “Nothing to say.” The uncertainty has left some social media users wondering what could be behind the decision.

Writer Demetria L. Lucas said she has “no idea” why Harry and Meghan are returning, noting that the couple has previously spoken at length about their difficult experiences in the U.K.

“But they are going anyway. There must be a good reason,” Lucas wrote. “Whatever it is, I hope they remain sane and alive and have a support system.”

British TikTok creator SAREL offered a theory of her own, while emphasizing that it was purely speculation and had not been confirmed by Harry or Meghan. She suggested Meghan could be in a better mental and emotional place now than when the couple left the U.K., and theorized that Meghan may want their children to understand Harry’s British heritage and connection to the country.

The creator also predicted that the couple could face intense scrutiny when they return.

“It’s gonna be a circus for the first maybe year, year and a half,” she said, before joking that she was “logging back into” her shift defending the couple.

Others are already expressing concern for Meghan.

spot_img

Back To Paradise

spot_img