For the Detroit Tigers and their scores of fans that day is the celebration of Opening Day on Friday, April 8.
Presented by Rocket Mortgage, in conjunction with the annual “What’s New” media event at Comerica Park, the Tigers today will out new food and beverage menu items, in addition to fan giveaway items for the 2022 season, merchandise in The D Shop, Tigers Authentics items, corporate partner integration and much more.
“We are thrilled to welcome Tigers fans back to Comerica Park, both on Opening Day and throughout the upcoming season,” said Ellen Hill-Zeringue, Vice President of Marketing in a press release. “We have some amazing experiences planned for our fans, including Pink Out the Park, the jersey retirement of Tigers legend Lou Whitaker, our second annual Summer Bash, Negro Leagues Weekend, ¡Fiesta Tigres! and much more.
“It’s going to be a very exciting summer at the ballpark, and we can’t wait to celebrate the start of baseball season with Tigers fans on Opening Day next week!”
Limited tickets for Opening Day – on Friday, April 8 against the Chicago White Sox at 1:05 p.m. – remain available at tigers.com/tickets, in addition to individual games for the 2022 season. For the first time, the Tigers are excited to host the Miller Lite Opening Day Tailgate in the McLaren Garage Plaza and along Witherell Street.
Tigers fans are reminded that all tickets at Comerica Park are now digital. Fans are encouraged to download tickets to their digital wallet before leaving home to ensure seamless entry into the ballpark. All bags, purses and clutches are prohibited. Only wallets sized 4” x 6” x 1.5” or smaller are permitted.
THEME NIGHTS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Tigers fans will have the opportunity to attend and engage with several theme nights and special events throughout the 2022 season. Fan-favorite events returning to Comerica Park include:
- Pink Out the Park Presented by McLaren Health Care: Friday, May 13 vs. Baltimore Orioles
- Star Wars Night: Saturday, May 14 vs. Baltimore Orioles
- Summer Bash Weekend Presented by Miller Lite and Bally Sports Detroit: June 10-12 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- 20th annual Negro Leagues Weekend Presented by Comerica Bank: June 17-19 vs. Texas Rangers
- Independence Day Weekend Presented by Miller Lite: July 1-4 vs. Kansas City Royals/Cleveland Guardians
- ¡Fiesta Tigres! Presented by Miller Lite – Friday, August 19 vs. Los Angeles Angels
- Fan Appreciation Weekend: September 30-October 2 vs. Minnesota Twins (Saturday, October 1 Presented by Visit Central Florida)
FAN GIVEAWAY ITEMS
Tigers fans visiting Comerica Park this season will once again have the opportunity to walk away with tremendous giveaway items. The first 10,000 guests in attendance will receive that day’s giveaway item.
- Detroit Tigers 2022 Season Magnet Schedule: Friday, April 8 vs. Chicago White Sox (Opening Day Presented by Rocket Mortgage)
- Pink Out the Park Light Weight Hoodie: Friday, May 13 vs. Baltimore Orioles (Pink Out the Park Presented by McLaren Health Care)
- Floppy Hat, Presented by National Coney Island: Saturday, May 28 vs. Cleveland Guardians
- Miguel Cabrera 500 Home Runs-Themed Figurine, Presented by DTE Energy: Friday, June 10 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- “Detroit’s Biggest Summer Baseball Bash” T-Shirt, Presented by Bally Sports Detroit: Saturday, June 11 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- Negro Leagues Replica Jersey, Presented by Comerica Bank: Saturday, June 18 vs. Texas Rangers
- Patriotic Print All Over Shirt (ages 21+), Presented by Miller Lite: Friday, July 1 vs. Kansas City Royals
- ¡Fiesta Tigres! Hat (ages 21+), Presented by Miller Lite: Friday, August 19 vs. Los Angeles Angels
“SWEET LOU” JERSEY RETIREMENT, PRESENTED BY BALLY SPORTS DETROIT
On Saturday, August 6 against Tampa Bay, the Tigers will retire the jersey of No. 1 Lou Whitaker, one of the greatest position players to ever wear the Olde English ‘D.’ Tigers fans – no matter the age – hold a special place in their hearts for Lou Whitaker. He is a World Series Champion, five-time All-Star, three-time Gold Glove winner and the 1978 American League Rookie of the Year.
Whitaker’s number retirement will feature renowned Tigers players and coaches speaking during a pregame ceremony, a video tribute and the unveiling of a new wall rendering that will signify Whitaker joining an elusive club that includes the likes of Al Kaline and Ty Cobb, Trammell and Jack Morris. The first 10,000 fans in attendance on August 6 will receive a Lou Whitaker Replica Jersey, Presented by Bally Sports Detroit.
NEW FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS
The Tigers, in partnership with Delaware North Sportservice, are thrilled to announce additions to the Comerica Park food and beverage menu at various concessions locations for the 2022 season. Over the years, fans have come to appreciate new and traditional food offerings as a part of their ballpark experience. There will also be additional healthy items located throughout the ballpark. New additions include:
- Brisket and Mac ‘N Cheese Pasty: Rich, flaky crust stuffed hatch and chili queso Mac ‘N Cheese with smoked beef brisket
- Coney Pasty: Rich, flaky crust stuffed with ballpark frank slices, coney sauce, mustard and diced onions
- Polish Pasty: Rich, flaky crust stuffed with cheddar and potato pierogis, grilled smoked sausage and sauerkraut
- Apple Pasty: Tender apples and cinnamon baked in rich, flaky crust
- Motor City Chicken: Tender pork loin wrapped in bacon, drizzled with spicy Michigan Maple Syrup
- Fresh Italian Sausage: Grilled rope Italian Sausage topped with marinara, peppers and onions
- Milk ‘N Cookies: Big chocolate chip cookie and half pint of Guernsey milk
- The Notorious P.I.G. – Smoked pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, onion straws and pickled jalapeno peppers, drizzled with BBQ Sauce on onion roll
- Fat Rooster Chicken Sandwich: Fried spicy chicken topped with house-made pickles and slaw and honey mayo on sweet Hawaiian Roll
- Impossible Burger: Plant-based burger with lettuce, tomato and onion
- Gyro Nacho: Crispy pita chips, carved gyro meat, chopped romaine lettuce, diced tomato, onions and tzatziki
- Beer Braised Brat: Grilled bratwurst simmered in beer and butter, topped with sauerkraut and served on pretzel bun
NEW AND UPGRADED CHEVROLET PAVILION
The Chevrolet Pavilion – located in left field – has been reimagined with a new bar that now faces the Comerica Park field, and a rebranded canopy and signage that is visible both from the concourse and the field side. Detroit-based Atwater Brewery branding is now also featured.
THE D SHOP: YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR TIGERS MERCHANDISE
The D Shop at Comerica Park, open during Tigers games and non-event hours, is your one-stop shop for new Tigers merchandise. Here’s a few items you’ll want to check out before, during or after a Tigers game.
- Expanded line of “Detroit Roots” items, including a t-shirt, sweatshirt, can cooler, pin and mug
- New styles of ladies merchandise to include trending cropped-style fit
- New styles of bracelets and purses
- Jerseys for fan favorites Akil Baddoo, Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal, and the newly signed Javier Báez
- New line of Negro Leagues Weekend/Detroit Stars merchandise, including caps and home and road T-shirts
- Expanded line of New Era 5950 caps, including exclusive team designs and a collaboration with Big League Chew
- The Detroit Tigers 2022 Yearbook will be available for purchase, a great collector’s item for Tigers fans
AUTHENTICATED TIGERS ITEMS AVAILABLE ON COMERICA PARK CONCOURSE
Check out the newest Tigers Authentics items for the 2022 season, including Riley Greene Autographed Bats, baseballs, jerseys and photos, Spencer Torkelson autographed baseballs, Spencer Turnbull Autographed No-Hitter items, Miguel Cabrera Autographed items with “500 Home Run Club” inscription and much more.
The Detroit Tigers Authentics Shop is open to ticketed customers on game days behind Section 133 at Comerica Park. All Detroit Tigers memorabilia items are 100 percent authentic. Each item is marked with a numbered tamper-proof hologram by Major League Baseball.
Three entrances at Comerica Park have been rebranded due to new and long-standing relationships with loyal corporate partners. Gate A is now the Comerica Entry, while the former Gate B is now the Rocket Entry. Gate C has been re-branded the Gallagher Entry.
COMERICA BANK CUSTOMER AND CARD HOLDER PERKS
The Tigers are proud to announce additional benefits at the ballpark for Comerica Bank customers and card holders. Customers who show their card at the VIP Gate located at the Comerica Entry will be able to skip the line. In addition, a $25 credit will be added for Comerica Bank customers that upload their card to the Comerica Bank Mobile Wallet located in the MLB Ballpark App. The mobile wallet can be used to order and pick up concessions, and for in-seat ordering at select seat locations.
CHEVY SUNDAY KIDS DAYS RETURN
Every Sunday at Comerica Park is a Chevy Sunday Kids Day, featuring the opportunity for kids in attendance – ages 12 and under – to run the bases after the game. In addition, free Carousel and Ferris Wheel rides on the Comerica Park concourse will return on Sundays for kids of the same age group. Sunday Kids Days will also feature face painting and a personalized baseball card station.
Additionally, the Sunday Family Value deal includes four lower-level seats, four hot dogs and four soft drinks for just $99.
NEW KIDS CLUB MEMBERSHIPS
Get your child excited about baseball and softball and save money on tickets with the Detroit Tigers Kids Club, Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Kroger and Bally Sports Detroit. For only $16, Kids Club members enjoy special insider access and exclusive perks, awesome Tigers gear, and much more. Visit tigers.com/kidsclub, or sign up at the ballpark in the Comerica Park concourse.
DETROIT TIGERS FOUNDATION 50/50 RAFFLE
The Detroit Tigers Foundation is proud to announce the fan-favorite 50/50 raffle at Comerica Park will return this season on all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. Beginning on Opening Day, fans can purchase 50/50 raffle tickets from dedicated kiosks located throughout the ballpark prior to the seventh inning. Proceeds from each 50/50 raffle benefit the Detroit Tigers Foundation, which supports the growth of youth baseball and softball in Detroit and across the state of Michigan.
1901 SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM – JOIN TODAY FOR AS LITTLE AS $6 PER GAME!
The Detroit Tigers 1901 Society is the club’s Season Ticket Membership Program. Designed with your unique needs and interests in mind, the 1901 Society offers unprecedented inside access, unforgettable experiences and exclusive benefits for our most loyal fans, on a year-round basis. Visit tigers.com/1901, and join today for as little as $6 per game.
ENJOY TIGERS BASEBALL FOR YOUR GROUP OUTING!
For groups of 10 or more, the Tigers offer expanded discounts, which include better seat locations and increased ticket discounts. Visit tigers.com/groups for all the details.