Parents Throughout Mich. Raise Uneasiness Over Return to In-Person Learning

Monday, January 3 started the return to work and school for most (if not all) parents and children throughout the state of Michigan.

Coming back from the holidays, however, brought up a number of concerns, including worry, for scores of parents and guardians who have second thoughts about in-person learning due to COVID-19. 

Even despite parents’ concerns, U.S. education secretary Miguel Cardinal says that in-person learning should continue regardless of the COVID spike from the omicron variant, WDIV reported, because vaccines are available for children ages 5 and up. Reports also noted that a COVID-19 booster shot could become available for children soon.

“We’ve been very clear,” Cardinal said in the article. “Our expectation is for schools to be open full-time for students for in-person learning. We remember the impact of school closures on students last year, and our science is better. We have better tools. We have $10 billion American rescue plan for surveillance testing, vaccinations are available now for children ages five and up.”

Some parents, however, as the article reported feel that remote learning is the best route, especially as some feel they are sending their kids into a “war zone.”

A protest regarding in-person learning was scheduled to take place on Monday.

Read the full story here.

 

From the Web

X