Kenneth Kelly, First Independence Bank’s chairman & CEO in Detroit has been recently appointed to the American Bankers Association’s board of directors. Kelly will serve a one-year term among a slate of directors elected at ABA’s annual meeting.
“We are thrilled to have Kenneth Kelly bring his valuable experience and perspective to the ABA Board,” said ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols. “As the chairman and CEO of First Independence Bank and as Chairman of the National Bankers Association, Kenneth understands the challenges and opportunities facing America’s banks, including the nation’s minority depository institutions. I deeply appreciate his willingness to serve the banking industry as a member of the ABA Board and look forward to working with him.”
Kelly joins the following board members beginning new terms on the ABA board:
- Andrew Anderson, president, CEO and CFO, Bank of Anguilla, Anguilla, Miss.;
- James S. (Chip) Mahan III, chairman and CEO, Live Oak Bancshares, Wilmington, N.C.;
- Cathy Owen, chairman, Eagle Bank, Little Rock, Ark.;
- B. Michael Rauh, Jr., president and CEO, Chelsea Groton Bank, Groton, Conn.;
- Ira Robbins, president and CEO, Valley National Bancorp., Wayne, NJ; and
- Kevin Sabin, president and CEO, Arvest Bank, Fayetteville, Ark.