It’s been a rough start to 2020 so to lighten your mood and celebrate mental health month this May, Michigan Chronicle’s City.Life.Style. has a series of Instagram LIVE content to give your mind a break.
This upcoming week, join Michigan Chronicle & City.Life.Style. Managing Editor AJ Williams and Chef Max Hardy “Sunday Brunch” Instagram LIVE cooking class. This is a different take on your typical cooking class because Chef Max will coach via IG LIVE alongside AJ while she and everyone viewing at home prepare the featured dish.
Grab your ingredients and join in on the fun this Sunday, May 17th at 3 PM on @MichiganChronicle IG page. The featured dish this week is “Ribeye Steak and Eggs.”
Ingredients (2 servings)
• 1 ribeye steak, 2 inch (5 cm) thick, preferably USDA Prime
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 TB dried thyme
• 1 tsp parsley
• 4 eggs
• 6 whole baby Bella mushrooms
• 2 vine-ripened tomatoes (small)
• 1 red pepper
• 1 yellow onion
• Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Mexican Blend)
• ¼ cup whole milk
And don’t forget the Mimosas!!!