Detroit is looking for polling inspectors for the upcoming election season. There will be a registration event on Friday, February 28, from 8:30 AM to 12 PM at the Career Center (Meyers location). Selected inspectors will earn $175- $250 for work on March 10. Additionally, inspectors who worked March 10 can work during future election periods on August 4 and November 3.
Here are the qualifications for the polling inspector position:
- Michigan registered voter
- High School Diploma (GED not required)
- Non-expired Michigan ID or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Copies of your Resume
- Attend 1-2 days of mandatory training (3 hours per day)
- Work on election day (Starting at 5:45 AM and ending once all ballots have been processed)
Individuals must also come dressed in business attire (no jeans or gym shoes) and be prepared to stay for the day.
Detroit At work is a Proud partner of the American Job Center network. To apply, CLICK HERE.