If you’re a native of Detroit, then you understand how significant the Winter Blast is to the community.
Now entering its 15th year, like Noel Night, the weekend-long event is a favorite amongst Detroiters. Renamed “The Quicken Loans Winter Blast Weekend,” presented by Soaring Eagle, the event will take place from Friday, Feb. 7 until Sunday, Feb. 9 at Campus Martius Park.
This year, the event will take place on one weekend and is free of charge. The events this year will include:
- Free Ice Skating presented by Delta Dental
- Ice Garden presented by US Ice
- Live Music
- Kroger Food Truck Rally
- Marshmallow Roasters presented by the Downtown Detroit Development Authority
- Mt. Brighton Learn to Ski-Snowboard
- Special Olympics Polar Plunge
- Winter Slide
- Zip Line Rides
- Food trucks that will be in attendance include:
- A Taste of Nawlins
- Baked Delicious
- Big Mike’s Mexican Trailer
- Mr. Deep Fried
- Chick-A-Dee Fried Chicken Crepe
- De Twah-Sweet & Savory Crepes
- Detroit Panzerotti
- Imperial Ferndale
- Mercurio Foods Elephant Ear
- Mercurio Foods Grab
- Mercurio Foods Popper
- Niko’s Gyros
- Soaring Eagle Cuisine Machine
- The Lobster Truck
Festival producer John Witz is looking forward to this year’s festivities with the new changes.
“We want to continue this momentum and are excited to return Winter Blast to its original and wildly popular one-weekend format,” Waltz said. “Condensing all the fun from last year into just one awesome weekend will pack a punch of winter entertainment, while also helping to drive interest in downtown Detroit businesses.”
Let us know what you’re looking forward to the most down in the comments section.
To find out more information, please visit winterblast.com.