The job market for entry-level professionals is the toughest race amongst underqualified millennials in almost every profession. Public Relations is on the top of that list, with less corporate positions available, this leaves a large number of incoming professionals left with the door shut in their face. Young People in Public Relations (YPPR) has ranked as the leading entry-level Public Relations resource amongst entry-level professionals. The organization is on a mission to bridge the gap between entry-level and veteran publicists, ultimately lead to stronger relationships, resulting in securing their seat at the table.
On June 1, 2019, YPPR is launching “Opulence”, a four-week public relations course for those preparing to enter the PR Industry. The course will provide career advice and an agency mock-up to entry-level professionals and entrepreneurs. This course will allow participants to attend live virtual meetings with industry leading professionals, while also providing content and resources to help students get into the industry, with ease. With college and internship experience, “an undergraduate degree just doesn’t cut it anymore,” said Brittany Mobley, Director of YPPR, “it’s more about who you know and what you can do if you want to make it into corporate or even entrepreneurship as an entry-level professional,” she continued.
Opulence will offer active assignments and live video discussions every week. The course breakdown will be hands-on and will also include:
- Press Release Writing + Pitching Workshop: Sample press releases and pitch decks to understand how it works and how to successfully utilize these items to be successful with your PR media outreach strategies.
- Opulence tool-kit: Young People in PR Course Book, FREE Entry Ticket to one of the Summits, a YPPR T-Shirt, and resources from other publicists.
- Weekly group calls: Every Tuesday or Friday (depending on need) at 8:00pm. We will gather via a group video conference to discuss how we can target those areas to succeed. We will also go over group assignments and engage in a Q+A.
- Acing your interview: We provide exclusive internship and corporate career advice on preparing to gain an internship and/or career in the PR/Comm. industry.
- Access to the members only FB group: Provides a community to meet everyone in the course and connect with them during this course. Students can develop strong connections and work together on assignments.
- Exclusive webinar with industry leading professionals: These webinars are taught by PR professionals from some of the top marketing and PR agencies.
- A sample professional public relations contract: We demonstrate how to professionally put together a PR contract that’s up to industry standard. This contract will encompass how you prepare for strong, polished, and professional client relationships.
- Photoshop/Canva tutorial with UNLIMITED REPLAYS: We show students how to create amazing content that helps clients flourish. The pre-recorded, step-by-step video(s) demonstrates how to begin creating content for clients.
- An EXCLUSIVE media contact list with TOP TIER contacts: This media contact list is exclusive to the OPULENCE group and includes direct media contacts to editors and producers at POPSUGAR, BET, Ellen, OWN & Oxygen – just to name a few. This is so you’ll be able to contact their team directly and possibly secure client features.