With the temperatures outside beginning to rise, those utility bills from the winter are not coming down. If you need assistance with your utility bills, DTE Energy and THAW (The Heat and Warmth Fund) may be able to help.
They will partner to host a Customer Assistance Day on Friday April 13 at the Samaritan Center at 5555 Conner Avenue from 9-4 p.m. The event will be supported by 2nd District State Rep. Bettie Cook Scott.
DTE Energy and THAW will help those who qualify with affordable monthly payment programs based on your income. To apply for the program, applicants must provide the following documents:
• You must be a DTE Energy account holder.
• Account holder must provide valid copies of your I.D. and Social Security Card and be 18 years or older.
• Address on I.D. must match the service address of the account. If not, you must provide another documentation validating the address for the account holder/applicant.
• Copy of the last 60 days proof of all household income, unemployment, cash assistance, FIP, adoption subsidy/direct care, worker’s compensation, alimony, interest annuities or dividends, self-employment. Child support requires 90-day proof.
• Copy of your DTE Energy utility bill that you are seeking assistance with.
Incomplete applications will delay the processing period. Register at www.thawfund.org/events. Call 800-866-8429 for information.