On Sunday, July 31st, 2016, the shimmering Detroit River will serve as a fitting back drop for the Rhonda Walker Foundation (RWF) as they host the 6th Annual “Give and Get Fit” at Detroit’s beautiful Riverfront Rivard Plaza. This event features the 5K/10K Run/Walk and Fitness classes. Willie “Fortune 500″, professional middleweight boxer and founder/co-owner of Jabs Gym, will teach this year’s fitness classes alongside Jabs Gym most talked about instructors, Sydni “Body” Jones and Christopher “Ice” Allen.
- Toe Touches & Jumping Jacks-basic jumping jacks can be an exercise that is both used to get your heart rate up and used as active rest to allow your heart rate to come down while still moving.
- Leg Swings-it’s great for your hamstrings and hip flexors.
- Standing Quad-focuses on the quadriceps (front-thigh muscles).
- High Knee Skips-trains the body to use the elastic energy stored in the muscles and tendons.
- Side to side trunk rotations-strengthens the core muscles.
- Running Strides-an easy way to get your body pumped-up to run faster.