The 46th District Court will conduct an Amnesty Program May 23- June 20, 2016. This will be the first Amnesty Program in the recent history of the Court. The 46th District Court will waive late fees on eligible traffic tickets and parking violations as well as late fees and warrant fees on eligible traffic misdemeanors (those not requiring a court appearance).
Unpaid tickets negatively impact an individual’s life, as late fees and warrant fees evolve into drivers’ license suspensions and the possibility of arrest. As a result, citizens live in fear and have an impaired ability to travel to work or school. The Amnesty Program will provide individuals with the opportunity to clear up their tickets and warrants without fear of arrest or additional financial penalties, paving the way to obtaining valid drivers’ licenses. Those interested in participating in the 46th District Court Amnesty Program should note the following:
- All payments must be made in person at 46th Judicial District Court, 26000 Evergreen Rd., Southfield, MI
- The program is only available May 23-June 20, 2016, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Only cash, credit or certified funds will be accepted for payment (no payment plans)
- The ticket must be paid in its entirety
- Handicap tickets and felony violations are not eligible for amnesty
The Court is committed to collecting all outstanding fines, fees and costs. The Court hopes this program will provide citizens with the opportunity to free themselves from the burden of unpaid tickets.
For more information call 248-796-5860 or 5880 or go to www.46thdistrictcourt.com