Embassy Suites Hotels and Homewood Suites by Hilton program focuses on African-American reunion segment with planning aids and family-friendly hotel features, amenities
This year, thousands of African-Americans will attend family reunions – and two Hilton Worldwide all-suite hotel brands are offering specialized tools and services to eagerly welcome them. These joyous events attract anywhere from 100 to 400 family members looking to reconnect and have a great time. According to a recent article published by Black Meetings & Tourism, several studies suggest an estimated 90 percent of all family reunions are held by African-Americans.
Embassy Suites Hotels and Homewood Suites by Hilton are teaming up to offer “Count On It,” a marketing program designed to help make family reunions easy and stress-free for all participants. By visiting the “Count On It” online hub at hiltonfamilyreunions.com, family reunion organizers can find all the information they need to seamlessly manage room bookings, events and special requests, including:
- A personalized group web page, where everyone attending the reunion can seamlessly book rooms at a special group rate, while sharing reunion-specific details, such as check-in/out dates, directions and event schedules
- Special offers, such as Weekend Getaway, Leisure Escape and Family Fun discount packages
- On-site event planning, with assistance from the hotel’s meeting planners
- Hilton HHonors, the free, award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide’s distinct hotel brands. Members can use points to purchase unique experiences, rewards, merchandise and vacation packages, make charitable contributions and more.
“African-American families can count on Embassy Suites Hotels and Homewood Suites by Hilton to help simplify the planning process, and provide spacious two-room suites, free hot breakfast, complimentary evening reception, full kitchens and other amenities that are sure to delight families,” said Mary Beth Parks, senior vice president, global marketing, Hilton Worldwide. “With ‘Count On It,’ families can focus on being together, whether in their suite or at a reunion activity.”
To help inspire African-American families to connect and celebrate, Embassy Suites Hotels and Homewood Suites by Hilton are partnering with “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” Meet Ev’ry Listener Tour, with the hotel brands hosting several tour stops for the nationwide live radio show. The tour stops in 45 major cities across the country.
The hotel brands are also partnering with community-based organizations and African-American trade associations to help provide families with helpful information, tips and insights related to family reunion planning and travel; including:
- Black Meetings & Tourism, a 20-year-old, award-winning, international trade publication for and about the $56+ billion African-American meetings, incentives, leisure and group travel market
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women, a non-profit organization that leverages its professional membership base of 60 chapters in 28 states to promote leadership development and gender equity on behalf of black women and girls
For additional information or to book your family reunion, please visit hiltonfamilyreunions.com.
*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age.
**Guest pays for groceries. Other restrictions apply.