With credit cards continuing to be the leading credit builder for college students, CardHub today released its annual Best Credit Cards for College Students list to help them learn their options for establishing a solid financial footing.
CardHub reviewed more than 1,000 credit card offers to find which cards offer the most significant savings and rewards while teaching college students the importance of money-management.
Listed is a quick summary of the best cards below:
- Journey Student Rewards from Capital One – 1% cash back on all purchases plus 25% cash back bonus for paying your bill on time each month; net 1.25% cash back for every dollar you spend; no annual fee.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students – 3% cash back on gas and 2% on groceries (up to $1,500 of combined net purchases in both categories); 1% cash back on everything else; online-exclusive $100 initial rewards bonus for spending $500 in first 90 days; 10% bonus when redeeming rewards as direct deposit to a Bank of America savings or checking account; no annual fee.
- BankAmericard for Students – No interest for the first 15 months; no annual fee; 10.99% to 20.99% regular APR.
- Harley-Davidson Secured Credit Card – One of the only secured cards on the market with no annual fee; 1 point for every dollar you spend, which you can redeem toward Harley-Davidson gift cards.
- SunTrust Secured Credit Card – For students planning to charge more than $325 per month, this secured card will more than pay for its $39 annual fee — it’ll earn you extra cash by earning 1% cash back on all qualifying purchases, all the time; 2% cash back on gas, grocery and drug-store purchases for first 6 months.
- Capital One® Secured MasterCard® – Security deposit as low as $49 for $200 credit line; $29 annual fee.
For CardHub’s full list of the Best Credit Cards for College Students, please visit: