Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and you are looking for new ideas to celebrate the day of love and impress your date. Dinner and movie is unimaginative, and with movie prices being $10 a pop $12-$13 for 3D films, it’s expensive. So we have compiled a list of fun ideas to do around Detroit.
1. Ice skating at Campus Martius. Campus Martius has a great atmosphere. There’s hot chocolate, warming stations with real fire, and s’mores. Ice skating is great excuse to hold hands. And when the fun is over you can hurry home to warm up.
2. Take a Salsa dance class. Or any couples dance class that will get the two of you extra close. You’ll learn some new moves, check out your partners moves and create a really fun memory. Check out Groupon or Living Social for coupons and deals.
3. Stay indoors. Stay home or get a hotel room. Light some candles, throw down some rose petals, or blow up some balloons (for a more festive look). Cook dinner (score major points), and bunker down. Why spend a ton of money going out when your just going to end up back inside anyway,
4. Check out a show. FELA! is showing at the Music Hall, Maroon 5 is at the Palace of Auburn Hills, the Lion King is at the Opera House. Whatever will tickle your fancy.
5. Instead of dinner and a movie, try dinner and a museum. Museums tend to be cheaper than the movies and can lead to more stimulating conversation over dinner. Be sure to save room for dessert.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii