According to Broward County, Fla.’s State Attorney, former Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson has officially been charged with misdemeanor battery in the domestic violence incident with estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada, according to TMZ.
RELATED:Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Tweets Regrets
On August 13th, Johnson and Lozada reportedly got in to an argument over a condom’s receipt at their residence. During the argument, Johnson allegedly head butted Lozada on the forehead, which caused him to be arrested and Lozada to receive stitches.
Since the publicized melee, Johnson has suffered one misfortune after another, including being dropped from the Dolphins’ roster ON TELEVISION, having his alleged mistresses “confess” to adulterous relationships, and facing foreclosure.
While Lozada ended up filing for divorce within days of the reported domestic violence, Johnson has refused to sign the divorce papers because he claims he still loves her.
If Johnson is convicted of the head-butt, he could face up to one year in jail.
- ^according to TMZ (www.tmz.com)
- ^Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson Tweets Regrets (newsone.com)
- ^dropped from the Dolphins’ roster ON TELEVISION (newsone.com)
- ^confess” to adulterous relationships (newsone.com)
- ^facing foreclosure (newsone.com)
- ^filing for divorce (newsone.com)
- ^refused to sign the divorce papers (newsone.com)
- ^Take Our Poll (polldaddy.com)